09-24-2009, 07:52 AM   #12
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
Can't seem to justify the price tag of the Z4 - why is it so damn expensive when it has the same engine, inferior steering, inferior brakes etc?? It does look good though and the interior is gorgeous!

The TTS engine is actually very good, not a tuned 2.0 but a 5 cyliner 2.5, harking back to the good old days. Apparently it's very easy to remap to 400bhp too.

I did consider the 370Z, but decided against as the lease costs are extortinate due to the very poor residuals. Surprisingly the reviews don't seem to be that great either?? I was a big fan of the last 350Z Coupe, but the drive in the roadster was very different and nowhere near as good (too much scuttle shake and flexing).

I think the decision has been made, but I will confirm once I have had test drive. The main choice now is whether to order black or stick with white again which I love????
I've driven the Z4 and it really is a work of art. In a nutshell it does everything the 135i does with the WOW factor. I had the new Z4 for a weekend and the 135i is definitely the drivers car though.

Also, I believe the engine you are talking about is actually the TTRS engine - 5 cylinder 2.5litre. I'm pretty sure the TTS engine is a 4 cylinder 2.0litre. Although, the N54 is a lot more powerful than the TTS engine in stock form, there are several tunes available for the TTS now.

I drove the 370z a few months back. An unbelievable car at an unbelievable price. I personally am a huge fan of the zed cars and the 370z is basically the 350z tweaked to perfection. If it was FI I would have jumped on it in a heartbeat. It's definitely worth considering on your short list.
Appreciate 0