View Single Post
      09-22-2009, 10:38 AM   #1
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

Next Car Choice…. some help needed!

My current car is on a 24 month lease and even though I still have over 6 months to go I have been asked to order the replacement.

So that $64,000 question – what next?

Well initially I thought chaos J Why not go for something a bit mad and get a Focus RS? The inner chav in me loves the Focus RS for it’s madness, extravagant head turning looks and crazy noises. But, and I do concede, it is a tad chav and everyone that I have spoken too has shaken their head and given me the same bemused and shocked look and asked the same question why?

After having 2 Honda S2000’s I had decided not to get the same car twice again, so what else is there to replace my 135? The key problem being that I can only purchase up to a set value – around £30k list price. I did consider the TTS, but the engine is naff in comparison to the 135.

Then from nowhere someone in the office asks if I have noticed that all BMW’s have been discounted through our lease company. So I take a gander and notice that the 135i Convertible has appeared… mmmm never really thought about that.

Anyway, enough of the waffling – I need some help:

1) Has anyone driven both coupe and convertible? Any thoughts? Any major handling differences?
2) I am considering going for Black with Coral – got White with Coral at the moment so think I need to change colour a bit. So my next question is: Does anyone have a pic of Black with Lemon interior as that’s my other choice.

Will stick to the similar extras as I currently have, so:
Leather, Xenon's, USB, Logic7... but also add: Heated seats, folding mirrors and considering DAB. Have I missed anything, does it need the Windblocker?

Thanks in advance!

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0