Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
Look lets not pretend theres no racism in this country
does that mean everyone is racist.. no
but racism is there

bottom line tho.. its hard to eradicate racism in the hearts of men cause you cant see down there
What you can do is apply the judicial system FAIRLY and equally in all cases
These cops need to be indicted and tried for murder NOT let off the hook.. let the grand jury settle it
I'm just tired of people trying to make excuses or act like there's not a problem. I'm fucking tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Life is valuable, in all forms, including unborn babies. Though I don't see everyone getting outraged at this form of murder. Interesting. Guess we all selectively care about who gets to live and die.

But to answer your question (as I think you asked it seriously), I think the answer is maybe (and I'm referring to the video I saw of a black guy getting tackled and then shot, as I now understand there are two different shootings). Maybe the other officer would have killed him. Or maybe, that officer was busy restraining him and didn't have his gun out (as he was behind the car I couldn't see) and the guy could have shot both officers and walked away. We don't know what the outcome would have been.

But I agree with csu - why does the criminal get to try to shoot first? Because it sounds like you are proposing this as a viable alternative scenario that should be allowed to happen before the cops shoot? If you aren't - why bring it up, I do not understand - help me understand (seriously - I'm not judging here, just going on the printed word and that isn't always going to convey what you mean).

And to answer the "Then what" - it seems to me that the "then what" is that an innocent person either is injured or dies (the cop) and the black guy either gets shot or shoots the other cop too and walks free, but if he gets shot, then we are back in the same place as we are now, only with the addition of an innocent person getting injured or shot.
My point of the "then what" and the scenario with him shooting first was with regard to the potential changing order of killings, to say that regardless, a life is lost; whether it was him killing an officer and then dying, or him getting shot while apparently reaching for a firearm.

Geneva laws should exist for law enforcement, as they do in the military. To speak to your final paragraph, in most of these cases (just about all of them, as a matter of fact) the only victim of a fatal gunshot was the person being restrained.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0