07-07-2016, 08:39 AM   #46
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
The situation is getting worse, not better. The concern is that it's not just happening in large, urban cities like NY, LA, Miami, etc, where it would be easy to say this happens all the time. But, it's obvious that most of these suburban cops are not being trained to deal with these situations. The minorities don't trust the cops because of the perceived profiling and what has gone on in recent history and the cops feel that their lives are being threatened every time they encounter a minority and thinks they have a weapon. There has to be better education for police departments and this has to start on a national level. Politicians, who are completely useless these days, need to come out and work together and find a way to get these police departments to get serious on training. Not them going on the news and saying, "Oh, this is tragic, this has to stop". I don't know all the answers to this situation. It's not that easy. But, doing nothing is the definition of insanity.
This is quoted for fucking truth. Literally, bolded word for word what we talked about at work this morning. They've gotta stop putting the squeamish white dudes in the hood, otherwise it's going to be hell for everyone involved. Point blank (no gunshot lolz). Have individuals that are familiar with the culture, who can understand on a different level regarding the interactions which take place, and kill off some of the fucking notions that both sides have entering a situation. It's obviously not the immediate or permanent solution (as you've stated) but it's better than nothing. WTF.

Also, subdivisions of counties and regional offices seem to operate independently when there should be much more unified movement. I think this will also help with the things that you have outlined.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0