View Single Post
      11-20-2007, 09:01 PM   #22
Tuned335i
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDutchski View Post
I'm planning on going to Firebird on the 30th. Anyone know if we need a fire jacket since the car MIGHT run sub 14 seconds? this is from their site:

As of February 1, 2006 all vehicles with an aftermarket power adder, (nitrous, turbocharger, or supercharger) running faster than 13.99 will be required to wear an SFI approved fire jacket
No, that means if you have an aftermarket power adder on your car which runs 13.99 or faster, you have to have a fire jacket. This doesn't apply to factory turbo/supercharger etc... You don't need a fire jacket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDutchski View Post
Also, I have a Snell helmet for autocrossing, does it need to be close faced for drag racing (i've never been before)?
thanks!
If you keep reading down to the motorcycle section, those guys are required to have a full-face helmet. That's not a requirement for cars. Your helmet has to have a Snell 2000 rating or above and have the label intact & legible inside the helmet. Mine says SA2000 inside. If you're autocrossing at Firebird, your helmet should be fine but make sure you have the Snell 2000 rating on the sticker.

I will be there on the 30th also, with my PROcede V2....