View Single Post
      08-24-2022, 07:22 PM   #15
OldDudesBimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 14 328i xDrive+16 535i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
"Figure something out" means stick with fossil fuels. They're the reason we've grown to nearly 8 billion people on this planet and for the most part have untold prosperity. Fossil fuels heat our homes and allow us to live in absolute luxury compared to how people lived just 100 years ago, never mind centuries before.

There is NO alternative right now. None of the pie in the sky "green" shit can even possibly hope to maintain what we have right now. It's all a complete con from the people who want to run and control every aspect of our lives.

Who cares if the planet gets a degree or two warmer? It's been far warmer in past periods before any Escalades were roaming around, and warmer temperatures are far better for our species than cold. The whole "man made climate change" and ESG scam is sickening.

Good for Japan, drill baby drill and build more nuke plants.
Exactly! It would be different IF they actually had a complete and mature platform to jump to. They don't, end of story. The groupies that can't think this fact though clearly are gambling and willing for us to fail (many will die or suffer, mostly the poor). All just so they can get rid of gas cars and parts of capitalism they don't like quicker.

By a mature platform, I mean the following:
(a) comparatively affordable to what we have now for all, without or before the subsidy.
(b) grid hardening, redundancy, and other charging infrastructure ready for heavy growth for most locations.

(c) we must keep current grids and infrastructure at least as stable as we have now. We should not be trading gas cars for brownouts in places that never had them before. This is not OK, again more people will die.

(d) is now a good time to do anything drastic? They can't even get the current proven working supply chains working properly again, let alone trying cut over to something new, different, and demanding, requiring additional items in larger quantities than ever before (lithium etc.). On top of that, we have inflation issues and another hot\cold war cycle going.

(e) new platform is proven beyond a reasonable doubt (easily shown to all) that it is ready and will be more sustainable and more stable than what we have today. Otherwise, what are we doing? EV's should just be a minor player until we are ready.

What else? Help me out. Otherwise, if they don't have a mature platform ready and in place, and beyond a reasonable doubt, perhaps the politicians, academics, environmental activists and their groupies need to be asked "How many they are willing to sacrifice, if they rush and misjudge this? Will it be worth it, or should we allow EV's to grow slowly and be more cautious?"

Very concerned. With the current population, energy needs and the World's complexity in 2022, these folks have no idea they are standing on a thin sheet of ice. This is much different than any other transformational technology or time period in the past. They are not ready, they are mistaking politics for sound science, engineering and economics...and common sense.
Cos270608.50
NickyC17590.50
cobra2814112.00