View Single Post
      09-01-2017, 10:47 AM   #7
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMOETO View Post
A 340i with MPPSK is making 355 HP, which is 20 more than our cars and only 10 less than the N55 in the M2, so not quite the same engine mapping. I could see the m240i getting a small bump in power if the m2 goes to a higher powered B58-based motor, maybe.
Agree, the M2 and M240i are very close as is (w/o any tunes). A Dinan Elite by all accounts will nip the M2 in straight line acceleration. Likely the same w/ MPPK if offered by BMW.

I have read that the M2 will get a power boost in the future somewhere near or at 400 HP, which would preclude the performance overlap we see now. I'd bet BMW could wring out 400 HP form the B58 with little problem.

I think it was C&D listed both the M2 and the M240i as best in class (since both were so close in performance).

I debated the M2 as I like the more aggressive styling and the idea of having a true "M" car. Additionally my dealer was not charging a premium for the privilege or ordering one. It was after realizing I was going to be driving the car on well traveled (worn) roads and cope w/ some teeth rattling rides, that I opted for the smoother riding and near performance matching M240i.
Appreciate 0