11-04-2005, 01:26 PM   #16
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06graphite
Since I started this thread, I figured it was only polite to give you guys an update.

I brought my car into the dealer last Thursday to have the windshield replaced. It was then that they told me they outsource to a third party (New England Mobile Auto Glass) to do their windshield work. I figured, no big deal, if the dealer trusts them, so can I.

Due to a minor miscommunication, the glass company wasn't scheduled correctly so they didn't have the windshield in stock so they had to order it. At that time, I was told that my insurance company (Premiere) wouldn't cover the full cost of OEM glass but the difference should only be $150. I agreed to pay the difference because I wanted BMW glass.

The glass finally came in on Monday (only a two day wait) and they came out and did it at my house yesterday.

I'm thrilled to report that everything came out perfectly! They used BMW glass (it's got the BMW logo on it on the bottom left (from the inside) corner).

They used the correct glass with the rain sensor too. So far, it looks beautiful.

If anyone wants details about the company I used or the dealer, just send me a PM and I'll be happy to share.

I'm curious..with a dime size crack, you couldn't get that filled with resin? Usually the max size for those types of cracks are $.25.
Appreciate 0