View Single Post
      05-25-2020, 10:06 PM   #6
exwon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameer View Post
I had a similar issue few months back and took it to the dealership and they estimated for close 1000. So got it fixed outside and paid close to 300 I believe. It ended up being a vent value which apparently is a common problem in the model.

Dealership is wanted to replace intake muffler at the same time for some reason and I had no reason why.
Thanks for the post. Dealerships, gosh... They'd probably want to first remove my tint citing difficulty seeing the issue.

It just happened that today, on my way back from home improvement store, I noticed the engine light was OFF! Maybe a fluke. I'll check it tomorrow. Been driving my other car past several days now that it's nice out. No idea if the X1 just sitting there cleared something but I was cautiously optimistic.

I had looked into a shop next to my normal one that works on European cars and has a "smoke gun" tool to see if the valve opens properly... But maybe I'll just try to get it inspected next month, if the engine light continues to stay off by then! Cuz driving the car seems to have zero effect from the code...
Appreciate 0