07-02-2020, 07:12 PM   #71
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagohod View Post
So I've installed the tuner and am left with a confusing issue. I absolutely located and installed it between the correct boost pressure sensor, the red Dinan light illuminates and the car certainly feels more peppy so I'm convinced its operational. However, using the dinantronics sport app on my phone I can NOT get it to see the tuner anywhere, it just never picks it up under the available bluetooth connections. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the issue persists, I've opened the hood and placed my phone directly next to the tuner box. I've done this both with the engine on and with engine off but the ignition on.
Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I'd at least just like to see what mode it's in, primarily to be sure it isn't in race mode as 93 octane is not even available where I live.

Update: after looking around and speaking with a few people it seems almost certain that this problem is related to my bluetooth version being too new for the tuner. I'm version 4.2 and the tuner is 4.0. I'll attempt to find an older device later and report back whether it works or not. Seems kinda... lame, that support for a product like this could fall off in that way with no good solution. Google Play store reviews certainly reflect that.
Contact support at support@dinancars.com and they can assist.
Appreciate 0