View Single Post
      11-18-2009, 05:23 AM   #3
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
As said above, if you're happy it being on your car, you don't need to do anything or indeed pay anything. It's just like a normal plate.

You could sell it via any one of the reg plate sellers online. Someone like RegTransfers will ask you what you want for it, say £200, and stick it on their website for £400. Whatever they sell it for, they pay your £200, and they pocket the rest. The higher the figure you want the higher the figure will be on their website and the less likely you are to physically sell it. You can do all this whilst leaving it on your car I think and only start messing around if a buyer comes along. This service doesn't cost anything.

It'll cost you £105 to put in onto retention which you'd have to do once you sell the plate.

The other alternative is to stick it on ebay. Bear in mind it'll cost you £105 to put the the plate onto rentention so pitch the price above that sufficient to make a tidy profit.

Sometimes, because of the cost to change, and the likely price the plate would fetch, it's just best to leave it on the car. Don't forget you'd have to get new plates made up (the original reg plate of the car is returned once the private plate is removed or a new one issued if the car was initially registered on the private plate). They don't cost much but do eat into your profit.
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0