View Single Post
      12-05-2020, 02:15 PM   #8
Davy Jordi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F39 X2 M35i

connery, i always am surprised for whatever reason when someone knows my area so well. we are so intertwined with north county and sd proper that it's refreshing to hear from someone else from the area. shame that you had to leave, but glad you'll be returning in a few short years.

i normally work at a physical location (a school) but everyone is working online right now although i really wish that i had the opportunity to work remotely full-time as i would move further south because i'm a city boy for sure.

anyhow, yes, there is buyer's remorse present although that's also mixed with expectations that were unfortunately not met. i wish that i had asked the dealership to allow me to live with the car for the weekend or something, although i would have a better chance at that happening if i were to purchase the lc500 than the m35i based purely on the cost of the car and the amount the dealer were to make during the sale.

anyhow, the car is stuck with me and the positive is that it is a fun little thing to drive around town. it's also super attractive, one of the best hatchback/small cuv things that i've ever seen. finally, it will serve its intended purpose as not only a commuter vehicle, but a hauler of small things to and from work. after this, though, i swear i'm not buying another cuv again haha. i'm back to sedans or coupes. while the m35i may be the best looking small cuv that i've seen, there are a million sedans that are in my eye much better looking and amongst those, there are absolutely those that are much better driver's machines.

so, i guess i'll keep the warranty, as rice_rocket pointed out, i'll probably lose more money than it'd be worth should i decide to keep the car, then move and after that buy a car that i would be more satisfied with.

all in all, i'm not terribly unhappy, i just had this idealized notion in my head of what a bmw was to be and as this is my very first bmw, when it didn't meet those idealized notions of being the superior driving and handling machine (the ultimate driving machine), i was just a bit let down. that said, if i were to remove those notions, then the car is a fine machine and i'm sure it'll serve me well.