01-04-2016, 02:00 PM   #13
BMW-X1MAN
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 Sdrive 18d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPD View Post
Hi @BMW-X1MAN,

My understanding is that it only works if you have "Speed Limit Assist", which needs camera based "Speed Limit Info" (included in both driving assist packs).

So if you don't have Speed Limit Info (i.e. if you don't have 5AS or 5AT), the limit you see on your dash/hud will be taken from your SatNav.

I can only presume that the feature is disabled because those numbers could be unreliable (on variable speed motorways for example, SatNav says 70mph, variable sign says something else). But I'm just guessing here. It could just as well be a marketing reason. I really wouldn't know.

There is more on this here: http://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1196696 Looks like the feature varies for every market. My info is only based on the UK market and my own car.

bmtespar I don't have any info about the US models unfortunately. Even the button layout on the steering wheel is different for you guys.
Hi KPD,

Thanks for the info, I just tested it, as you said the speed limit sign comes from the SatNav, the limiter button is quite useless without DA as you need to change it manually to suit your speed limit and does not change when speed limit sings changed.
Appreciate 0