View Single Post
      11-26-2015, 05:02 AM   #2
smv
Private
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25D Xdrive

Also waiting for my X1 with the same option, but currently driving a rental 1 series with the speed limiter function and road sign recognition. (Not ACC though..). The way it works (on the 1 series) is that the limits are recognised and displayed on your dashboard, but then you have to adjust the limit yourself with the rocker button. Once adjusted, you cannot exceed it, accelerator does not function beyond that limit UNLESS pressed hard to override it ( I assume a safety feature for a critical overpass). One thing to note also is that there are two distinctive modes of operation. Either cruise control or speed limit function. I tend to believe that the ACC will be linked to the cruise control functionality, i.e. setting a distance to the fwd vehicle and cruise along. NOT to the limiter function, which will make things too complicated long with ACC (more thinking and brain work of which mode you are at at any given time, therefore taking the joy of riding the car yourself..) But still waiting to see how both systems will function on the X1!
Appreciate 0