Thread: New to me m35i
View Single Post
      01-08-2022, 08:46 PM   #1
shadows
Rep
Drives: x2 m35i

New to me m35i

Finally was able to find an m35i after almost a year of searching!

I started my search back in the fall of 2020 when I was realizing having an under powered Mazda CX-5 with no turbo, the newer ones do, and having moved from sea level to altitude it was time for a change.

I was originally interested in the Golf R, but given that they were taking a year off to release the new model, I was unsure about a first generation car. I am glad I did not wait nor settle given the touch capacitive dashboard and forced usage of the touch screen for basic functionality, such as climate controls.

I had found one m35i at a dealership, but it had some hail damage and needed parts. But almost giving up I found another 2019 CPO with 11,700 miles, right before Christmas.

I was able to pick it up on New Years Eve

This car performs better than expected and I am not sure what more you would want in a daily driver. Still getting used to all of the tech in the car, my previous was a model year 2015 from 2014.

The first drive back from the dealership was hairy with the all-seasons as we got a snow storm here in the Denver area. Took me about a week to make some decisions on the winter tires and wheels, but tire rack came through.

I went with the MSW Type 74 wheels with Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 Run Flats, as I want to preserve the stock 715m wheels, and something to still look good in the winter.

First Maintenance Wash with ONR
Name:  First Wash.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  338.0 KB

Winter Wheels Mounted
Name:  Winter Wheels.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  398.8 KB
Appreciate 1