View Single Post
      09-20-2021, 08:31 PM   #13
Skyline2.0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptKirkk View Post
Thanks again for taking the picture and the writeup.
Looking to start this job in the next couple days -
Once the hardware is removed and take off the clips that secure the AC lines were you able to pull mount directly up? Or did you have to remove the headlamp assembly and pull it out that way?
Thanks
I passed the mount under the metal support member towards the passenger headlight assembly. I had to remove an electrical connector and dust cap to get enough room to squeeze it out.

I recommend you loosen the passenger wheel well liner towards the front as I had to push down on quite a bit to get it in an orientation that would allow the mount to come out. I think I would've saved a lot of time and cursed less with the extra room.

Unscrew the 2x black rubber nubs that hold the AC clips as you'll likely have clearance issues.

Besides being careful not to cross thread the 5x mount bolts, getting the actual thing out was the most frustrating part. It might seem impossible, like trying to squeeze a large rectangular object through a tiny round hole, but keep at it. If I can get that sucker through the opening, I'm confident you can too.

Once it's out, getting the new one in should be much easier.
Appreciate 0