Rep
Drives: 2018, F48 28i

Garage List
2018 BMW X1 F48  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline2.0 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X1604M View Post
Last month my 2018 with 38K km need new right engine mountafter I brought in to the dealer due to the steering wheel shake on the free way. They found cracked rubber on the mount. I still have warranty abt a year. Just dropped off at the dealer today for the same steering wheel shake on high way. Don't know what they will find this time. The steering wheel shake was gone after the new mount was put on. Two weeks ago I experienced the same issue.
I'm also experiencing a slight steering wheel shimmy at 65+ mph when on the highway. It began right after new tires were installed so I went back to get the wheels rebalanced. Shimmy was slightly better, but still present.

After seeing this thread, I just took a closer look at my top passenger side engine mount. I think I see a visible crack in the rubber bushing right below the rectangular metal piece on the engine side (see pics w/ area circled in red). It also looks like there's fluid coming out of the bottom. The wheel well side of the mount seems fine. You guys think the mount is shot?
I don't know how the crack looks like on the mount on my car. Only found out about that when dealer called me. Today I got back my car. They said that both front wheels are out of balance. They rebalance both front wheels and said no more shake on the steering wheel during the test drive.
Appreciate 0