View Single Post
      02-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #8
ABZ
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 335d Coupe

Good set of pictures!

I am new to the forum and read Gizze post adding the amp to an E90 which inspired me to buy a THA555 and I also got a set of MB Quartz component speakers.

I spent yesterday evening fitting the amp and after much frustration trying to get the head unit back in, with all the additional wiring behind, I finally succeded.

I first tried with the power coming from the head unit as per 'PnP' and this worked fine but turning up the volume to not far above a whisper resulted in the power to the amp being cut (green light went out). I turned the volume down again and the amp kicked back into life.

I then left it till morning when I took my usual 3/4 hour commute to work and hallf way there the amp cut out again. It then refused to come back to life at all. On checking the amp, it would come to life (green light on) for half a second or so then cllick off (green light fade), after 10 secs or so this would happen again and again.

I guessed the problem was with the power and so picked up some live fused and earth cable and replaced the PnP power with a connection direct to the battery.

This did not fix the problem, it is still going on and off every 10 secs without ever getting as far as powering the speakers.

I resorted to removing the wiring loom again and plugging back in as per OEM and confirmed the normal set up still works.

Any ideas? Am I going to have to return tha amp? I haven't even got as far as fitting my shiny new speakers yet!!!
Appreciate 0