View Single Post
      10-19-2023, 08:06 AM   #23
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Funny this came up as a friend of mine is turning 60 and wants a "me" car. He settled on a Blackwing CT5, 2022 MY with low miles for 127K CDN plus taxes so a solid $140K car. He has a thing for big powerful sedans but over the course of an hour I talked him out of it. Well i shouldn't say that as I kept repeating that he is of an age and stage in life where he needs to do what his heart says and money be damned.

But I said, imho, the money is absolutely insane. Now for this guy it would be a summer ride only, kids leaving the nest etc and i said chief, why are you dropping 140 beans on a car that will likely depreciate hard when you could get something really interesting for near half that or even go 911. The car I mentioned was an F-Type, which is basically the same ethos as a blackwing in a much sexier body, that's set him back about 90K all in. Or, he could go towards 991.1 territory.

He wants the Caddy but agrees the price is insane so now he is on hold. I don't buy that these cars will hold value, the wagon did because wagon but 140K now will be 90K in a few years imho.
Appreciate 0