View Single Post
      08-08-2023, 06:45 AM   #12
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

My only advice is I'm not sure it is a good plan to lease a pickup truck and use it like a pickup truck. You stated you intend to throw dirt and tools in the bed. Any of that type of use is going to scratch up the bed paint, plastic liner if there is one, or a spray-in bedliner. The return at the end of a lease with a scratched up and dented bed is going to cost you. As the owner of many pickups over the years and the diehard handyman I am, you'll fuck up the pickup bed if you use it for home projects. Even adding a bed liner will mess up the bed paint because dirt eventually finds its way between the liner and the sheet metal and scratches the paint. Leased vehicles need to be nearly pristine at lease turn-in time. If you use a pickup for its intended purpose, it will not be pristine at lease return time.

There are millions of used, beat up pickups to buy. I suggest buying a used truck and beat on it some more, then sell it when you are through with it. Word of caution though, once you have a pickup in the fleet, you'll always want a pickup in the fleet.

Keep in mind, most of the big box hardware stores rent trucks for $75 a day.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 08-08-2023 at 07:00 AM..
Appreciate 2
Bumpinjeep5531.00
Llarry15989.00