Thread: Please help!
View Single Post
      04-21-2015, 04:21 AM   #4
schnazzy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMBSSM4

this chip came from the road and not the wash. I know the feeling that sucks. I just saw a guy that got his car on a Friday and went to drop off at a place to do the bra and the windshield protectant and he got a chip in the windshield on the way to drop off his car (not an M4).

I already ordered my color match stuff and it is sitting in my garage (grill, markers, etc.) now if they'd just unload my car off the boat already! Already have a slightly flexible apt for a clear bra.

I may just have the dealer NOT take off the plastic. the dealer is .4 miles away from the clear bra place.

It seems you are upset about the chip and well, I would be too. but calling off xpel? really? So you are ok with another 2 dozen chips in the front over the next year or so? It's a dark color, chips will show.

Ask the xpel installer to get the chip fixed for you. If it is clear coat, the xpel dealer can probably fix it. If below clear, they probably know someone who can fill and wet sand. Then they put the xpel on. with your dark car, with a reasonably good repair person, it will be very very difficult to see the repair.

use a heat gun on the front reflectors. rears are easy. some fishing string or do the tape off and plastic pry.
Appreciate 0