View Single Post
      12-31-2020, 09:45 PM   #1
clubspec330i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG F39, CB F86, MB 911T

X2 M35i with 18" wheel installed.

After much research on the internet, I came to the conclusion that 18x8 may be best for my X2.

I ordered a wheel tire combo from tirerack.

Wheel: TRMOTORSPORT C4 18x8 ET35
Tire: Kumho Majesty 9 225/50-18
Price + shipping: $1411

Why the wheel and tire:

Wheel: While I was in college in the late 90s, I wanted Volk TE37 in my Civic CRX but too poor to afford a set. Now that I can afford a little more, I think it is a good replacement for stock 20". Having to replace tires on stock M550i 20" due to road hazards, I don't want to deal with that again. Furthermore, it was a chance to fulfill my childhood dream. After reading a couple of reviews on 2addicts.com, I concluded that TR C4 18" will definitely fit, about 1/2" clear of the front brake caliper.

Tire: This car will be a daily, dirt road, and occasional construction site visit. Tirerack has a good review on this tire in the same tire category and price range.

Weight:
Stock: 53.2 lbs
18" C4: 45.4 lbs

After a quick 5 miles round trip to reset TPMS, I've noticed that the 18" ride smoother, as expected, than stock. As far as grip is concerned, I don't feel any less than stock. Maybe the grip level will become more apparent during high-speed cornering or emergency braking situation. Otherwise, I think this setup will be fine for my intended use.

Happy New Year folks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0