View Single Post
      10-25-2015, 05:06 PM   #14
DaisyLover
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

Congrats KPD from the UK! Lovely X1. I have had mine since Friday and have put 100 miles on it. I am shocked at the ride. For me, it is so much smoother than the X3! It reminds me of my husbands AUDI A6, which IMO has a cloud like ride. I am thrilled my husband loves the X1 because I never thought he would enjoy driving a 4 cylinder….but he LOVES it. THe X1 drives smoothly, very little cabin noise, even if I tilt the moonroof. I do agree the seats are a bit narrow but I must emphasis a bit and hardly noticeable. They are comfortable and my husband says he feels fine in them and he is 6'2", 230 lbs. He doesn't look cramped either which I love. The headroom is amazing! I am even more impressed than I was when I did the test drive. I love the ambient lighting . You can switch between classic (orange) and modern (white). I love the orange glow at night along the doors etc. I know there are complaints about the shift knob but we actually like that it sits up a bit high. Seems like it would be odd if it were lower. I agree with another post stating that when you lift the middle console to have a higher arm rest the bottom area is open. They should have made that a full compartment. I love the two small compartments under the seat, which I just found today. So far it has exceeded my expectations. If I had to think of one complaint I would say I wish it were 1 inch higher….but as my husband said, "just raise the seat and there ya go." Question: What is the base model audio system used in BMW? I did not upgrade the stereo and I am curious if it is BOSE. Speakers are not labeled and I can't find any information when I google it. Thanks! Black/Black Dakota leather/Prem Package/Cold Weather Package/Drivers Asst/Bus Nav/
Appreciate 0