02-27-2020, 10:22 AM   #722
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I can attest to that. I have a friend who is in the police service and even his wife got off from a speeding ticket when she told the officer who pulled her over that she was married to another officer in a different town. He just grumbled a little and said she should have told him right away (this was as he was writing the ticket) and said he doesn't dummy their own, so she was free to go.

Also, my brother got off (when I think he shouldn't have) down an empty road where he didn't realize the speed limit changed from 80 to 60 (again, this is km/h, not mph)...not that it mattered much because he was traveling at 140, so he got pulled over for a *discussion* about violating the speed limit in excess of 80km/h.

But he has his military badge affixed in his wallet so when he opens his wallet to hand over his license it is obvious to the officer, so the officer just asked him a few questions to ID him and then let him go. Seriously lucky he ran into that officer.

Others would have given him some sort of ticket I'd think. And it would have been justly deserved too.

I have lost track of the amount of times that my friends who serve used their military id to avoid traffic tickets. They just hand it over along with their license, ownership, and insurance.
Appreciate 0