02-27-2020, 05:01 AM   #705
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I've said it before but it's worth saying again. I'm so thankful that you and a whole bunch of other smart and conscientious and hard-working folks are willing to go out on the streets and try to keep order.... You hear bullshit stories (my bolding, Littlebear) one after the other all day long, from people who are their own worst enemies....Thank you.
That's all good & true, & most folks agree with that. But people with jobs of high consequence should perform at a high level, not like thugs waiting for lunch break. Sort of like when I worked in an emergency room vs when I worked in advertising (where we were expected to have a hangover in the morning!). You have to know the difference.

Riding my bike to Prospect park, I crossed at a red light to wait in the bike lane. A van came zooming up in the bike lane, hit me, & as I was getting up & yelling at him, he booked. I & others got a plate #.
Not being hurt, but with a broken bike, I went to the police station the next morn to file a complaint. They wouldn't take it.
"Why did you wait? Why didn't you call from the site?"
"I have no cell phone"
"You have to go home & wait for the officer to come & take your complaint"

Needless to say, no cop ever came to my house to take the complaint.

Murf

PS: I've never been arrested. But I do have more stories, no bullshit.

Murf

Last edited by Littlebear; 02-27-2020 at 05:11 AM..
Appreciate 0