02-21-2020, 11:51 AM   #104
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I love Charleston....but I'm sure I have mentioned that a few times. We go every year and have rented the same house for years. It's over not too far from the Wild Dunes Resort area and the Marina on the IOP side. So we usually rent a boat at least one day while there.

We have our usual hangouts such as Poe's tavern back on the Sullivan's Island side, and hit up various places in Mt. Pleasant.

It is prone to flooding....especially in the city. We usually make a trip to the market, hit up The Chophouse or Ruth's Chris.....and make a day out if that. The rest of the time we're on the beach during the day, and at Coconut Joe's for the live music in the evening.

My wife always hits up the cafe below Hyman's seafood where she drinks wine and hangs out with the cats.
Make sure to let me know next time you're coming down. I've been to a lot of the places you have mentioned, and have found a good bit of gems since moving. My brother lives downtown, and I'm there almost every weekend, so have gotten use to the flooding. Usually will take the fiances car as last time I destroyed my front lip exiting a garage that she forced me into parking in haha. Our wedding coming up is actually at Wild Dunes Resort, so I know exactly where you're talking about.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00