LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbrown View Post
While I didn't use CarPlay until the past month when I figured out that my Tunein Radio app works MUCH better with it, my current new-car subscription ends on 12/15. My ConnectedDrive page still shows the subscription renewal charges as others are seeing so I called the 1-888# to ask a rep about the announcement. I asked specifically about the end of the subscription cost requirement to continue using and after checking with a supervisor, she told me the announcement story was a hoax...there will continue to be a subscription cost.

For now I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but I'm getting the rear camera software recall done next week and will ask my dealer at that time. Any new/additional information should be much better communicated through the dealer network or BMW NA by then if this is true. I hope it is because I don't want to pay to continue using it.
This is like when they leak details on the G30 LCI. We don't know how accurate the rumors are until BMW officially announces it. They haven't yet and that might be in another week or another month, but I expect it will be sooner than later. As I'm sure the shift will make it a bit easier for the sales staff to convert sales heading into the holiday season and a push for a strong Q4.

That being said, customer service staff are the last people to be updated on changes like this. They'll know once BMW officially announces it and not a moment before. If you're concerned, I'd imagine it would be prudent to hold off on renewing for a while unless you absolutely can't live without CarPlay.
Appreciate 1
chrisk03153.00