03-10-2020, 01:56 PM   #20
Feddersen
Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive25i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonegun View Post
That's cool and all, but electric motors are just superior in so many ways that it's hard to go back once you have driven a good one. That instant rollercoaster torque without having to build up turbo is extremely addicting. Small size of the electric motors mean you can cram multiple motors in one car making some absolutely monster torque. You can drive like a madman everyday without hurting your wallet filling up gas, not to mention close-to-nil maintenance cost of electric cars.

But I think hybrid cars are stupid when it comes to longevity (due to complexity), performance, trunk space and weight so I am fully against the X1 25e as well. Either gas or full electric please, BMW....... just not with the fake insane nostril grills please =(
Right now I don't care about the EVs. Yes, they are superior in some terms and they bring us back to the era before the turbo-engines which I really like. BUT! There is no way to substitute weight with engine power in regards of driving dynamics so I would certainly prefer an ICE car with e-fuels over an EV.

When the weight and charge issue is solved I am all in.