Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Reports out saying that Mercedes will not bring any upgrades to Imola because they still have not completely fixed the underlying problems plaguing the car.

Outside of what we already know of the W13, I can't understand how the W13 is still in its "beta" stage after 3 races. There's nothing anyone can say to convince me that Mercedes doesn't have the know how or expertise to build a proper race car.
It's not that they don't know how to build an F1 car, it's the mechanism in which porpoising is caused on their car that they don't understand. It's not a simple phenomenon either because not only is the floor stalling a part of the equation but sympathetic resonance in the suspension and the floor is making it worse. Then there's the question about where in the floor does down force get generated and how that shifts forward and back during porpoising and how to stop it from upsetting the car.

All this while trying to correlate real world data with simulation, and trying to model porpoising. It is not an easy or quick task especially with budget and simulation restrictions.
Not saying it's easy but I'm referring more to the relative nature and issue that Red Bull and Ferrari have seem to have more under control where they're fighting for championship points in comparison to Mercedes where they're seem like they're stuck.

I was excited for a 3 team fight for the title but doesn't look like Mercedes will be involved too much.
Appreciate 1
NYG10840.50