09-09-2019, 06:45 AM   #13
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmiggy View Post
To be honest, my present car is well equipped, and that includes parking sensors on both front and rear, and i do use them. In many ways i am reluctant to give up certain things, but equally i am aware that i may have to, in order to move to a SUV. To complicate matters even more, i am not unhappy with my present car, it is my body, that is not keen.
I’d personally say that sensors are a must have, we have front/rear sensors and the parking camera on ours. I find it easier using my mirrors and the sensors when parking and rarely look at the camera. However my wife almost exclusively uses the camera...

You may want to consider electric memory seats if you are to share the car with someone, saves you having to find that perfect seating position every time.

Some 2016 models didn’t have the adjustable rear seats that allow you to prioritise boot space or rear leg room accordingly and it also has buttons to automatically fold the rear seats from the boot.

The larger professional navigation just looks so much better than the standard version and head up display is useful too.

If your into audio you’ll want some form of speaker upgrade, HiFi or Harmon Kaden.

Comfort access is nice, if not essential

The panoramic sunroof adds light to a cabin that can appear dull in M Sport guise without it

The EDC and Sport Plus gearbox aren’t really worth the money, I’ve rarely used the sports chassis setting as the car is too firm for UK roads with it in sport. I have used the steering paddles a handful of times, doesn’t suit the car and I much prefer to select the sports setting on the gearbox as this keeps the car in the right gear for spirited driving

Think that covers my experience of the X1
Appreciate 0