01-17-2024, 10:24 AM   #11
TheRiddle
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 X1 18i + '00 323Cic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4robin View Post
Hi All

I also have a similar problem for the last number of months.

It's a RHD f48, no heat to the drivers side. In this cold weather, next to impossible to not have ice blocks of feet.....

Anyway, my first scan was retuning a code of 801189.

Talked to BMW who referenced a changed core and other expensive bits - expect a big bill....

Got a copy of ISTA and find that even though it was finding a problem (Can't remember the error, I tried to Reset, and recalibrate... via ISTA

ERROR: Recalibration could not complete.....

Decided to take off the Actuator and see if it was even initialising. IT WAS...

What i did notice was that the actual Blend flap door was jammed in the COLD AIR Open position.... the actuator could not turn the flap....

I had to use a flat nose pliers to release it and now it turns freely - open to close blend flap movement is about 60-70 degrees.

I have not had time to reassemble yet, but hoping to reassemble and recalibrate and hopefully that fixes. No clicking or noticeable issues with the actuator.... thus far.

Right now i am getting lots of lovely Hot Air through the drivers footwell which is keeping the missus happy.

Perhaps this might help the discussion
you experienced what is the cause of the whole issue,
the flap's seal got sticky to the frame and the motor fails.

we suppose that mine started the same way as yours, but ended breaking for excessive resistance, in the part where the motor joins the flap (see video)
Appreciate 0