10-05-2023, 10:34 AM   #1
678hug
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 2.0i XLine

Different software shows different fault codes

Hi all,
I had my F48 head unit replaced to get Apple CarPlay using a very highly recommended person from a forum. He was very good and all worked well.

The only thing is DAB reception is worse than i thought it would be with a lot of cutting out. I'm used to BMW's and I know it isn't perfect at the best of times. It just seems to lose national stations on major motorways and local stations in my local area.

It may have been like that before the head unit change, but i only had the car a week before replacement so can't be sure.

Anyway, it's not the end of the world but i did decided to use E-sys and BimmerUtility to check for fault codes.

BU shows B7F805 - DAB L band antenna fault and E1C448 MOST - current configuration incomplete. Great, i thought, loose / dirty antenna connection on the Head Unit

I erased them and the E1C448 disappears but then returns. The B7F805 never erases.

The thing is, I cannot see these faults on E-sys and have also tried erasing all faults (not that it shows any) on e-sys transmitter. They still show up on BU.

I then moved to ISTA which again shows no related faults.

The only fault code is to do with the TRSVC system which i do not have (only the reverse cam) and that has a date of yesterday so is not related.

I've attached the ISTA screen (no related faults) and the BU screen (2 faults) so you can see what I mean.

Any ideas please? Why would a fault be logged on BimmerUtility and not on e-sys or ISTA?

Last edited by 678hug; 10-05-2023 at 12:29 PM..
Appreciate 0