View Single Post
      09-21-2021, 07:30 AM   #551
adamsmog
Rep
Drives: Bmw x2 m35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21M235IXGC View Post
Ok I'm not gonna quit .. I'm just gonna stop experimenting as much.

What I've learned :

JB4 map 1 = perfect all around map

JB4 map 2 = perfect in winter but way to much boost in summer and isn't worth the risk especially if it your daily car and it's very hot out . P.s don't EVER MESS WITH DWP LEAVE AT 0 ….

Bms intake - excellent cone style filter with built in velocity stack built into inverted style cone filter , definitely noticeable responsiveness and slight increase actual noticeable power gain on butt Dyno and sound is loudest of all 3 filters but nothing abnoxious .

Pipe cross filter drop in - sponge style filter doesn't hold its shape good and tend to now put , havent noticed anything different in logs to suggest any hp gain nor any real sound increase

Bmc drop filter - very very high quality k&n style filter ( made in Italy) , definitely noticed more flow and responsiveness and lil note sound

Supersprint mid pipe - nice quality 304 steel midpipe , have only used the non resonated pipe . Must cut stock exhaust at back end in the middle sent notch in oem pipe . Requires a 70mm oem bmw butt clamp to connect . Doesn't require but would suggest a new bmw oem vband clamp to connect by downpipe. Very loud even with stock exhaust , louder shift blips , exhaust gurgles and pos are way louder , deceleration pops are louder , definitely like it in combination with the JB4

Dte pedal box - excellent for increasing the pedal response , I usually run it with 1 red turned on , definitely reduces a lot of the pedal lag feel and if u like to just touch the pedal and having the car go vs having to put your foot all the way to the floor it's perfect

Any drone on the mid pipe ? How much louder than stock was it over all and do you reckon a res delete would just achieve the same out come?
Appreciate 0