01-13-2024, 07:18 AM   #126
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I had to look up what mid-open position tailgate even was. I've never used it in my F150 or F350 (assuming they even have the adjustment).

I'm guessing the cybertruck does not just looking at the mechanism for the tailgate in this video (around 7:50 mark). Plus I'm not sure it's something the vast majority of people would know about or use. Certainly not whom I imagine to be a "typical" cybertruck buyers.

My H3T has it. A great feature for short beds if you go pick up some dimensional lumber (i.e. 2x4). It lets the tailgate open about 1/3 the way down by moving the support cables to the secondary position. Keeps the load in the box without having to strap it down.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0