View Single Post
      04-12-2019, 10:31 AM   #271
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
I’ve been in law enforcement for 21 years now.

The spitz I got in January 2010.
We got a call of a dog on the freeway in a blizzard. I found him up against a fence that blocks a street from the freeway and footprints on the one side. Some ahole dropped him off on the freeway side. Guess someone got him for Christmas and couldn’t house train him. It took me months to house train him.

The husky I got this January when some lady dropped her off in our lobby and said she’s too hyper and took off. I didn’t try hard enough to go out and get her or her plate since I was instantly enamored by the baby husky. My guess is another bad choice for a Christmas present.
Good for you for doing that!

And great picture of the shepherd again on the park bench. My wife was adamant about the fact that we will never have a Shepherd (the shedding is part of it, but she also sees them as more dangerous / aggressive having never owned one, just seeing them in public).

Happily though, over the past 9 years, I've worn her down a little and she has come around to the idea that maybe a Shepherd would be a good idea from a defense perspective since we live in the country and there were one or two break-ins on the street.. Our current Lab wouldn't harm a fly, so he's useless. But we agreed we would wait till the kids are older and know better about dogs (have one that is 4 and one that isn't quite 2). For their age, our Lab is wonderful. When he passes, we'll likely get a Shepherd, I figure we probably can get another 4-6 years from the Lab.
Appreciate 0