View Single Post
      11-22-2019, 05:15 PM   #10
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
If you have the BMW base audio system, you will have 4 door speakers (midrange) and two bass units under the front seats, all driven through the main HU. Imo the speakers are some of the worst quality found in a “premium” brand vehicle and I did a part upgrade using two HK tweeters and front door trims as well as replacing front door speakers with HK versions. This modest upgrade made a significant difference. The BMW oem “mid quality/enhanced” system has separate amp and additional speakers, most prominently one in the middle of the dash. The oem mid quality system does have slightly better quality speakers but still paper cone and flat. The HK system has separate amp in boot/trunk side panel , 4 tweeters etc full diagrams, spec etc have been posted in the X1 forum and I am cautious quoting exact numbers because this is a global forum and there may be variations between markets.

Would you happen to know the build codes for the various stereos? Obviously I don't have the top stereo (HK) but I'd like to know which of the others I do have.
Dinan Stg II Suspension • Remus Race • Gintani CF lip / CF quarter fins • Vorsteiner Type II CF Diffuser • BMW Performance CF Spoiler / black fender gills / black kidney grilles / CF mirror cover • Speed Element GTS CF side skirts • M3 GTS door sills • Lux Angel Eyes • body color reflectors • Alex@Alpine Stg I tune • AA filter
Appreciate 0