06-03-2015, 01:33 PM   #151
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I agree with you. I have no idea what that other guy was talking about. Are people taking their BMW X1 to track days?

And it's hilariously naive for him to think that FWD are all dull. Obviously never driven a MINI. Hell that car is more fun than a majority of the RWD cars in BMW's current lineup.
Right, if I get lucky I will drive one day a Koenigsegg and a Mini.

If you talk about Mini, yes it is fun but even the amateur eye can acknowledge that between the body of a Mini and an X1 there is some difference. One is a "MINI" car, the other is a taller SAV.
Every little car that respect a such recipe will be fun, and it was very well done way before Mini showed up; ever drove a Renault 5?
While the FWD will do just fine on a such car, on X1 it will be different to accomplish a similar behaviour. Total different body (carozzeria).
I hope that you refer to Mini not Countryman which already proves my point and drives... no words for it.

I do own a V6 Sport Coupe with a lot HP on the front wheel, and all I can say is that is not as fun as the little X1 with a four banger on Xdrive.
I also owned in Europe A LOT of FWD cars including the Megane Sport; RWD is different. To achieve a similar behaviour you need to practically scale a such car and call it X1, but is not the case.

Again, as a whole package I find that the old one is a better performer, from more power, to a real Xdrive system.
Appreciate 0