View Single Post
      09-10-2020, 07:59 AM   #17
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Well I'm only doing a little thinking here: The M35i model is supposed to have stiffer springs, and more dampening on the struts. It still seems a little odd that it would be a one off piece rather than re-used from another model. It could also mean that it's a bunch of crap and it's just lowering springs with different spring rates (and not any different dampening of the struts). If you're adventurous enough you could certainly try it.. (I know I would if we fast forward say 4 years and all my warranty expired and I'm bored). The worst case scenario is that it doesn't fit.. or the ride is stiffer. If the shocks are damped more than the stock ride, then they would be more suited to lowering springs vs using stock suspension and lowering it. The only thing that might might be different is the spring diameter itself won't fit, but I would think that would be a rare occurrence. Still the whole idea is playing with it, which to me it's a brand new car I wouldn't bother. You could certainly call H&R or Eibach and see if you can talk to someone. Perhaps you can go to newtis and search the part numbers to see cross compatibility.
Appreciate 0