View Single Post
      09-09-2020, 09:50 AM   #14
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

I'm a little jaded with H&R not to rock the boat. I have only used them twice, and once it was bad. So for my e60 535xi it was documented by others that they didn't have good springs for the AWD version of the 5 series. In fact, it's a known complaint that there isn't good options. I, however, got some nice big wheels and the car looked like a monster truck. Since I picked up the springs for next to nothing and I do my own work I put them on. Excellent look.. but poor poor ride. I got lazy and bought a house so I just drove it like it was for another year or so. I went to coilovers and it was night and day! So those H&R springs did a very poor dis-service to their name for that application.

If the springs were actually designed for the X2 specifically, I would say they would be a great fit.. however, if they took them from another model and just hoped they would work, then it could be bad. Your comment about the 20's filling in better is a little bit like my problem with the e60. They don't actually fit any different, but the "rubber" of the tires would be smaller, which should exaggerate the wheel well gap. The only way to visually change this is to go up a size in the tire profile. This usually means going up by 5 on the sidewall profile to make the actual rolling diameter of the tires bigger. It will throw off the spedometer , but usually 3% is within acceptable range.

Still, I can't argue that it looks really nice in those pictures!
Appreciate 0