09-07-2018, 07:50 PM   #118
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Base model as in a "normal" car with M sport wheels and M badges slapped on it - I should have been more clear.

True on the BHP front, but as I said before, Ms specifically (and BMWs generally) haven't traditionally been about boasting the biggest BHP figures or the best 0-60 times.

I wonder how many times you could run a current 330i around an autocross without experiencing limp mode? Compared to the original M3?

You highlight the contradiction between new and old pretty well with that statement - if BMW has become a company focused on BHP and how "quick" a car is, there are other manufacturers who are much better at that - Audi and MB to name a few.
Hmmm, my 340i M Sport has no badging whatsoever and I optioned non M badged wheels with high performance tyres! It has many extras over a base car... and you don’t buy a 330i for autocross..!!

Personally 0-60 times and HP don’t worry me too much, my car corners flat & handles great as an all rounder & is actually pretty good fun! But let’s hope the G20 is better still... it really has to be.. as you say everyone else has better HP & performance stats but BMW should be all about the drive...

Last edited by nozydog; 09-07-2018 at 08:00 PM..
Appreciate 0