08-01-2020, 08:19 AM   #46
ventjock
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan_K View Post
After reading a lot of posts, I will dare try to replace the 6.5" with the 8.8" CID in my late 2016 X1.
Just to be sure, the HU is the same in the all early X1, they are all ENTRYNAV until 07/2017 when they became ENTRYNAV2? so, the difference between the 6.5" Business Navi and the 8.8" Navi Plus (as BMW calls it) is just the larger display, the HU is the same, it's ENTRYNAV right?

So, I just have to find the proper CID version for my car (using realoem.com), and it is basically comes to swapping the 6.5" with the 8.8" and doing the coding part with the Bimmercode as MJE60 explained.

MJE60 is the coding procedure same for early X1 (late 2016) as it is for the late X1 (yours is 2018 I believe)?

Last question, once I install the bigger display, code it and make it work, then I would like to install the MMI interface from Andream to get Android Auto working on the big screen. Does anybody know if Android Auto/CarPlay will work on the bigger 8.8" screen using the whole display surface?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I have the MMI interface from Andream and it works perfectly on my 8.8” screen on my 2016 X1. You’ll find instructions on how to set the dip switches for the larger screen.
Appreciate 0