07-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #10
Dinh335
Major
Rep
Drives: 2004 RX8/2015 M3/2017 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin951 View Post
It's an M-Sport.

Ok so I know I owe you guys some pics. I took some before/after and am not happy with how the pictures came out. The differences in angle and shadowing/sunlight makes it hard tell any difference. In a couple of them it actually looks higher. I honestly think it would do a disservice to post an unrepresentative pic. Especially since google will pick up the images.

The advertized drop is about 10mm, which I think is pretty accurate. What I'll do is measure from the center cap to the top of the fender. This will at least give some reference. You can lock a measuring tape rotate to the wheel well to get a better idea of where the wheel will fall in relation to your fender. I think my point is that it's not a drop, but it definitely makes it just a tad more agressive, which I think it could have used.

Because I have an m-sport I did not have to order the sway bar. That made labor much cheaper and if I had it to do over again I would have had an independent shop do it. Dealer rates are $130 here vs $90 independent. It's not rocket science really. I woulda done it myself but I just moved so all my tools are boxed up.

I did have to order springs. Use the p/n's I posted and verify before installing. Front and rears should be red, but still verify (there should be a sticker attached to them).

As for which to do first, that really depends. What line are you and what's your budget? Keep in mind you don't necessarily have to get new tires. You could probably source some really used street tires used to get you by.
Thanx for the review...what dealer ya get it done at? I'm in nova and toying w this.