View Single Post
      07-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
ronin951
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M-Sport

Kind of a monologue here, but I picked the car up today and wow what not a big difference. Just kidding. Here are my notes. I will post some before/after pics for those interested in the looks. I paid right at $1k (6hrs) for the install/alignment. Parts were $1700 IIRC from getbmwparts.

- Turn in has much less body roll. Stock M-sport was good, but I still felt there was a little too much body roll and room for improvement. I think this kit kinda put it where it needs to be. At least for me.
- Dampening is definitely decreased. It's not break your back bumpy, but you definitely feel the road more. For better and worse. The RFT's don't help. Minus those I think it'd be much better. Also, it's not bouncy at all. It seems BMW did a good job matching the springs with the shocks.
- I did some 80mph quick left/right's (kinda like a 1 cone slalom in 1 lane) and the suspension settles very nice. The settling is faster and has much more feedback. It's as if I can now feel what the rear is doing whereas before it was muted and seemed as if there was some tail wagging. This is definitely increasing my confidence and probably what I'm most happy about.

Overall I'm happy with my decision. I could have gone with coilovers, but I thought that would be overkill. Plus I trust BMW more to tune the suspension than me I'm looking forward to getting rid of the RFT's at the end of the month. I think that will complete the package. I came from an e46 ZHP and have always felt something was missing with the F30. It's now definitely on-par. Minus my gripes about the electronic steering.
Appreciate 0