Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
I find it hard to believe that where a public sewer is accessible, that anyone would be allowed to, much less choose to, go with a septic system. That being said . . . .

We've been on a septic system in our new house now for five-years. Never ever occurred to us to have the system pumped. Our old house built in the '40s we lived in down the street for 38-years was on an ancient septic system and the only problem was tree trimmers crushed the Orangeburg pipe coming out of the house to the septic tank (look up Orangeburg). At that time they never could find our distribution system so we had a complete new one put in, and never pumped that one in probably twenty-years.

The new house got a tank the size of a large SUV and some high-tech distribution lines. I'm not worried about it, but then I didn't have a choice. We're on a well, too, so when my friends in neighborhoods with private water systems complain about the cost of water and sewage, I can't really commiserate. But my water tastes better than theirs!
Ewee. Dude you need to pump that ~every three years. Not only do they pump it but they check to make sure everything is working correctly.

You should really educate yourself on how the system works and why not pumping will eventually clog the system and be very expensive to replace/redo the sand mound.

Last edited by omasou; 01-10-2024 at 07:21 PM..
Appreciate 0