View Single Post
      04-26-2021, 09:30 AM   #234
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep
Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

Small update over the weekend. Friday I drove the car to the gas station and put $25 in it. It almost got backed into by a drunk idiot while we were there but that another story. We drove it around a little and there was no gas smell, so we will fill it next time. It looked great sitting in the driveway when we got back.

Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr

Sunday my dad wanted to drive it a bit so I followed him over to the airport in my M3 so I could swap it for the 02. It made for a pretty good pic.

He and I cruised around for a little bit together. I had trouble keeping up with him in the 02.

The e9's temp never got past 1/4 and the heat wasnt working. We decided to dump the coolant and check the tstat. We also did an oil change while we were at it. My dad put mobil 1 in it not too long ago but we decided to switch it over to something better formulated for vintage cars and that had VDDP in it, so its going to run Valvoline VR-1.

I went home while the car cooled enough to drain the coolant, but my dad sent a photo of the tstat later in the evening.

That explains the gauge issue. We went ahead and ordered a new tstat, gaskets, coolant, and a temp sender. I am hoping that will fix it and Ill be able to take it to cars and coffee next weekend.
Appreciate 6
P111572.00
stein_325i25083.00
MmmmmM22588.50
chassis6552.50
wdb4732.00