Thread: Android Auto
View Single Post
      05-29-2020, 08:50 PM   #1
Movnmik
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Android Auto

Hi everyone..first time caller...long time listener.. I finally purchased an X1, a car I coveted since the 2016 model came out. It's a 2017, fully optioned so it has the Prem, Tech, Cold Weather, Lux, Driver assist packages..I love the car. Coming from a Subaru Impreza is a big change..I finally can actually get my blue tooth connected just by getting in the car..not so with my Subaru..

So now to my question. I've been looking at the forum and see a lot of Apple Car play questions but I'm on the other side, call it the dark or light side but I'm an Android guy. I would love to upgrade the screen to the touch version, and have Android Auto but not lose any of the integrated features I have with IDrive. I've gone too long with a crappy interface and love what BMW has done..just a little lacking as it concerns to Android integration. I've see a number of replacement screens but not sure which one would be the best to accomplish the goal of keeping all the great BMW Idrive bits but also get connectivity to Google, maps, assistant, internet, Android Auto...etc.. Can anybody point me to an aftermarket that would work?

Thanks

Mike
Appreciate 0