View Single Post
      08-07-2019, 04:04 PM   #17
RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 3 pedal 718, G05, MkVII GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayshelbygt View Post
My dealer is relatively useless I'll check with the BMW team sometimes you get a knowledgeable agent.

What is the deal with the CARB/EPA certificates on hold? is there a thread or news about this?
It's more government intervention in the free market, that's what it is!

Apparently EPA and CARB want to retest every model year for compliance, independent if there have been any powertrain changes. The M50i, I fully get that going through a review and hold - but for the N58's, there should be no need. It is what it is though, we're all subject to it right now.

I went digging in the F15 forum for early 2015 build owners to see what their order/delivery deltas looked like - from what I could tell the EPA hold looked like 7-10 days on the high end from the end of first build week MY2015's.

Who the hell knows - I can say if BMW knows as much as we know, they have no business managing their own supply chain. All of these things should be QR and instant database feed - then the online tracker would be minute by minute accurate.

You'd think BMW never sold cars in the USA before, as not a single person seems to have any insight on to the expectation of hold length.

I've been asking all around this forum since I pushed off my 2019 build allocation to get a 2020, but it seems largely like I'm speaking into an empty room.

Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015 / SOLD 9-17-2022
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 0