View Single Post
      08-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
visualvaccine
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
Rear facing Valentine 1 Sensor - Anyone tried detaching it?

I just got my V1 today in the mail. I've been researching the ideal installation setup for a bit now. My person opinion would be to mount it directly infront of the rear view mirror. This would obviously block the rear facing sensor.

So my question - Has anyone seen any installations where the rear facing sensor was removed from the device and mounted in the rear of the car and then hard wired back to the main unit?

I'm going to pick up a set of the star screw drivers and take the unit apart tonight or tomorrow. I have yet to see what the inside of the unit looks like.

EDIT:

I think I found the answer I was looking for.

"Another thing; the really sophisticated direction finding and bogey counting that V1 has requires perfectly synchronized information from the front and rear antenna. It's possible to maintain that synchronization when the system in broken apart into units at the front and rear of the car, but you pay F-15 prices. My best compromise between maintaining performance on the one hand, and hiding the detector on the other, is the Concealed Display. This keeps V1 in the window where it works great, but operates "dark;" all the light-up warnings are transferred to a small Display that you can locate where only you will see it."

Last edited by visualvaccine; 08-07-2013 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: Found answer
Appreciate 0