Montoya
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Renault, then Mercedes are next...

This is what you got out of this article?? Dude... Did you even read the article you posted??
Of course I read it, my point is that the economics of F1 are unjustified as more manufacturers pull out.

From the article: "Managers at Renault have privately expressed doubt about whether the sport serves much purpose for a maker of small, inexpensive cars. When racing results are poor, the question mark grows, say people familiar with the company's thinking."

And: "In April, Daimler's worker representatives called on the company to end its involvement in Formula One, where it is a major shareholder in the McLaren-Mercedes team. Like BMW, Daimler is hurting from weak car sales, including in the troubled U.S. market, and is trying to cut billions of euros of annual costs."

And to my point overall:""After Honda and BMW, the danger exists that others will pull out too," said Niki Lauda, an Austria racing legend and three-time Formula One world champion. "You need several competing manufacturers to create the marketing buzz. If one more manufacturer quits, the sport will really hit the brakes," he said."

Thus my comment-

'08 E92 IB, Gone
'10 GT3 now in my garage!
'10 X5 3.5D
'12 E91 Xi Wagon MT sports package
Appreciate 0