02-24-2020, 11:50 AM   #18
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Be mindful of hurricane season and Dry/Wet seasons.

For example, youay not want to travel to the tropics during the dry season with its greater chance for power interruptions.
Unforutantely our wedding and honeymoon will be during the wet season. So taking a little bit of a gamble. With that in mind, a lot of these all inclusive resorts are cheaper when you book non-refundable (by close to $1,000 since I'm looking at 9 nights). Do I gamble on that or make sure that I can be refunded? I know what I should do, I just don't want to pay that much extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegump View Post
Are you wanting to do any exploring of the islands or will you mostly just be relaxing in the resort?

We went to Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica (now called South Coast) and absolutely loved it. It was awesome but the resort is the only thing around within an hour or so. It also has over water bungalows that are pretty much the same as the Bora Bora ones, the water might not be as clear depending on the weather tho.

Leaving Birmingham we were there within 6 hours.
I'd rather just relax honestly. Too many horror stories with excursions an things of that nature. For instance they advertise it to be a 6hr event and people aren't back for 12hrs. So being on the resort the whole time is fine by me haha. I believe I looked at that resort, but it was a little pricey especially for the bungalows. I'll have to check again, thanks for the idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
When are you travelling?

If it's after May, I can highly recommend Nice. It has a half decent beach plus a massive rail station so quick day trips to Antibe, Monaco, San Remo, Cannes etc are fairly slow paced and rel;axed but changes your scenery.

We did one day nice, rent two beds and eat at the beach, lazy all day. Next day on the train to wherever. Rinse and repeat for 8 days.

It was brilliant.
Travel will be late September. We've been back and forth trying to decide whether we would like to explore or just relax. Since we have been doing nothing but scheduling things for the wedding for months now I feel like kicking back in one spot is more what we are looking for. I'll save this for future vacation ideas though, sounds like a great trip!
Appreciate 0